Leather shoes are unique, super comfortable, and can last very long if well taken care of. But what does "well taken care of" mean?
Leather Caring Benefits
What type of leather are your shoes made from?
Firstly, you must identify the leather type of your shoe and understand that each type is cared for differently. Using the wrong caring product for your leather type may harden or discolour your beautiful leather shoes.
- The oldest
- Takes 30-60 days
The Final Leather Skin
- Natural colours
- Smooth shiny texture
- Hard & thick
Vegetable & Chrome Tanned Leather Care
Require regular cleaning & treatment, about every 6 months.
3 Easy Caring Steps:
1. Wipe with a dry clean cloth.
2. Remove surface dirt with Cleaning & Polishing Brush.
3. Apply "Leather 3-in-1 Care Cream" with a sponge to clean, condition & protect.
Wait 30 minutes before wearing.
This treatment extends the lifespan of the leather and keeps your shoes in mint condition.
Leather Shoe Cleaning & Polishing Brush
Soft bristles to:
- remove surface dirt,
- smooth out minor scratches &
- revive smooth shiny texture
Bristles made from horsehair
Leather 3-in-1 Care Cream
This 3-in-1 product cleans, conditions & protects leather by:
- restoring natural oils,
- protection against water & liquids,
- keeping leather soft,
- restoring colour &
- enhancing the overall look.
Apply on shoes before first wear & re-apply every 6 months.
Nubuck & Suede Leather Care
Require cleaning & treatment only when dirty but regular brushing is needed to keep the leather soft.
4 Easy Caring Steps:
1. Remove surface dirt with nylon bristles (for nubuck) & brass bristles (suede) of "Suede & Nubuck Brush".
2. Clean bristles with a dry cloth
3. Apply "Clean & Care Mousse" with "Suede & Nubuck Brush" & wait 30 minutes or till dry
4. Spray "Power Protector" on leather
Tip: Do not clean suede with water & the surface must always be dry before applying cleaning product.
Suede & Nubuck Brush
Cleans & rise the nap of nubuck (use nylon bristles) & suede (use brass bristles other side). This helps to clean & restore the soft texture of the leather.
Clean & Care Mousse
Cleans and conditions suede & nubuck leather to keep shoes in mint condition. Colour will darken upon application but will return to original colour when dry.
Tips for Properly Storing Leather Shoes
- Keep in dark cool area, away from direct sunlight
This prevents the leather from drying & cracking
- Add tissue paper (with no printing) inside your shoes
This helps to absorb moisture, keep the shape & minimise creases
Now we have more respect for our leather shoes and understand why they also need TLC once in a while.